"Firstly, I've not seen that report and to be honest, there's no problem within the team. The authenticity of the report is a little doubtful. I've been asked to comment on the report given by someone whose name didn't feature very prominently when I last looked at the history of Indian cricket. So when I'm asked my view on people, I'd expect you to ask me questions about people who've at least played the game, have some standing and who have been involved in the game to some capacity," Dravid said.
"Almost anyone is entitled to give his opinion and write reports but I'll comment on it if it is worthy of my comment. When I looked at the history of Indian cricket, I didn't see his name featured very prominently. May be I'll look again and I'll tell you,"
At the same time, Dravid neither denied nor concurred with the contents of the said report. The news story alleged that Desai's report, while speaking in broad terms on Sehwag's indiscipline, also referred to Dravid backing Sehwag's inclusion - in the face of near-unanimous opposition - in the side for the second Test .
First, You dont read the report. Then you doubt the authenticity of the report.Then you neither concur nor deny the contents of the report. But you deem yourself worthy to vilify the writer of the report... Great going skip!!!
Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Err.. Rahul
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Hi....
Just a thought - may be Rahul Dravid was not referring to Mr. Desai's report, but was in fact referring to the reporter to wrote the story about Mr. Desai's report ("didn't see his name featured very prominently").
Id say that Rahul Dravid is justifiably furious that a report which is designed to be confidential (so that it can be honest), has gotten out in the press.
Id say his response his perfect - in his view, the issue is not the content of the report, but the fact that it was leaked.
Maybe so Kartikeya.. but two different websites have reported the exact same quote.
The report has some unflattering things to say about Rahul and his decision making ( vide the inclusion of Sehwag in the 3rd test). Could that explain Rahuls ire?
Unless Rahul issues a clarification , or claims to be misquoted, we can only speculate :)
Im not disputing the fact that he said all that stuff.
I just think that no Indian captain should have to defend a non-unanimous or unanimous team management decision after the event.....
With 20-20 hindsight, Dravid could probably point out 20 other non-unanimous decisions taken by this team management, where the minority view prevailed and was proven to be right by events on the field.
But hes not going to do that, because that would destroy the ability of the team management to take decisions without fear of them being second guessed all the time.
By the way..... did you read that stuff about SuryaNamaskar..... wasn't SuryaNamaskar part of the Yoga curriculum in our day?
Rahul called into question the credentials of the man designated as the Manager of the Indian Cricket team to South Africa. And he did so without having read the report or verifying the claims therein.
Thats my grouse!!!
That the report had some not so flattering things to say about his decision making ability may have ( and again this is just speculation) to the out of character response.
--
The Surya Namaskaar thing has been hijacked by both the left and the right for their narrow political agendas.. These (non) issues are best left on the wayside, without the glare of publicity on them!!!
Yup.. Surya Namaskaar was very much a part of the sufferings heaped upon us in what passed as P.T, although my day may have been much earlier than yours :)
here is prem panickers take (http://sightscreen.rediffiland.com/iland/sightscreen_diary.html)
and here is sriram ranganathan (http://beerchipsandcricket.blogspot.com/) on the same issue ( the leaked report , not surya namaskaar :) )
Oh hell!! If what youre saying is true then maybe the RSS bug is rubbing off on Rahul Dravid....
Damn the RSS.... why can't they leave atleast Rahul Dravid alone? :P:P
lol.
hahah...this is great Homer..thanks for the link!!!
Post a Comment