vide this article in the Australian
The Australian-developed, Smart Cricket Bat, has been patented as the world's first bat with active vibration control, a system already in use in baseball bats and tennis racquets.
The Smart Cricket Bat's key to reducing the "zinging effect" felt by big-hitting batsmen is in its innovative handle.
This is, in my opinion, a wonderful development. The more technology we have in the game, the better for the game as a whole.
And who knows, these technological gains may actually level the playing field.
That said, more and more the focus is on batsmen friendly innovations. Smaller grounds, flat wickets, lighting fast outfields, squash balls in gloves, heavy bats, smart bats .. you get the idea.
But what of the bowler?
Given how lopsided the game has become, can we go back to the days of 6 bouncers an over to level the playing field? Lighter balls maybe? Bouncier balls? More pronounced seam perhaps? A ball change every 50 overs instead of 80?
Or must we rue the decline of the bowler?
9 comments:
Homer, you raised the right point and the one which is on every ones mind. I am crazy about cricket but dont like dominance of batsman these days, they enjoing too many luxaries these days.
I think think we should allow more than 2 bouncers a mover may be to 4 (6 will be too many in my openion, what you say?) or field restrictions of 4 players in 1st power play.
Lets give bowlers something to enjoy
trueindiancricketfan.blogspot.com/
Hey Anuraw,
Thanks for your comments.. :)
4 bouncers, 6 bouncers, 20 yard wickets, taller stumps,lighter bails, anything to make the bowlers life easier :)
Cheers
how about three strikes and you are out? :)
Prabu,
Long time :)..
Three strikes and you are out works - for the batsman.. Imagine Hayden getting three chances at batting in an innings in addition to all those half chances and dropped catches. :)
Cheers
Been quite busy Homer. Depressed too as I realized that for the first time ever, the combined age of a bowler and fielder who took a catch (players in my team) was less than my age :-(. Added to that is all the associated pains of playing hard cricket after 8 months makes one rethink.. :)
BTW, I meant three strikes and your out applying to playing and missing three consecutive times - would be interested to see how many batsman survive that!
Prabu,
I empathize.. been there doing that and it gets harder every year :)
As regards the playing and missing bit, where do we draw the line between well left and playing and missing?
Every batsman worth his two cents will tell you that he had his eye on the ball and withdrew the bat at the last second.
I should know, I hear that all the time :)
Cheers
Thanks for the plug Homer.
Was really looking forward to a discussion there .. but, I guess the facts, as the other Homer would say, only warrant a "D'Oh" ...
Cheers
Take one day cricket as pure ans simple entertainment and concentrate on tests. I'll say you'll really enjoy cricket. Battle is much more even in tests.
hey Homer, tnx for droping comming on my story, I am busy watching my new born baby. Will update the story (U the first one who read that..tnx).
On the current issue, I am wondering if ICC can chech if australian players are human? I am sure they are Batting and Bowling machine.... What you think shall we right ICC about this? ;)
Post a Comment