Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Done and Dusted

We won.Its over. Come back home.

26 comments:

Prabu said...

the cap has done it... yeehaww

let's salute James Hopes for his brave innings though...

Homer said...

YAY!!! Time to uncork the champagne Prabu :)

Prabu said...

This is nirvana Homer (not the streaker type)! Have waited for such a long time for this ....

So purrrrrrfecttttt!

Prabu said...

IT's been 10 yrs since this feeling!!!!! There was one in 2001, but somehow it didn't feel this good or like 1998! Wonder why???

straight point said...

two words...

poetic justice!!

brilliant!!

Anonymous said...

Homer

Bahut bahut mubarak ho dost. tumhari bhavishyavani sahi rahi, aur apna Key Man ne finally chabhi ghuma hi diya last over mein:)

Aftergrog comments section dekhna jab time mile to - mein aaj din bhar wahin tha, issiliye PP blog pe nahi aaya

Sangu

Homer said...

Prabu,

Could it be because of one man - short in stature but a colossus of the game?


Cheers

Prabu said...

1 S.R. Tendulkar IND 777
2 R.T. Ponting AUS 770
3 G.C. Smith SA 753
4 Mohammad Yousuf PAK 752
5 M.L. Hayden AUS 740
6 A.C. Gilchrist AUS 738
7 M.E.K. Hussey AUS 736
8 K.P. Pietersen ENG 735
9 H.H. Gibbs SA 731
10 M.S. Dhoni IND 728

SWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT!

Been a while but the journey back to the top has been worth it, for it has, yet again, shown the world the character and steel behind the man. Toast to the champion!

Homer said...

SP,

Comeuppance is more like it ...

btw, Steve Waugh lost his captaincy because his team did not advance to the VB series finals.. Prick has lost two finals on the trot...

Prick losing his captaincy - now that would be poetic justice!

Cheers

Homer said...

he he he Sangu.... bola tha although I was on the edge of my seat all night last night...

phew!!!


Cheers

Homer said...

Are we blessed or are we blessed Prabu?

Starting from the time he was 14, belting those hundreds in the Ranji, Irani and Duleep trophies, he has been an integral part of our lives..

What a champion!!

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Yes - feels great. Loved it.

After all that weed talk and mateship myth and baggy green and "the Indians better focus on themselves and not our sledging" etc etc etc - good to give it in there backside.

And of course, Tendlya's performance.

IN fact I feel like singing that old song from Haathi mere Saathi: Chal Chal Chal mere Saathi, O mere Haathi. (It was my favorite song when I was four).

Anonymous said...

But they managed to show their Strayan-ness in the end by giving the MoTS to Goldylocks Bracken. Sure it was Ch 9 comm. team that selected him. Atleast it wasn't Gilly danda - thank goodness for small mercies;-)

Homer said...

Naresh,

If there is one thing this series has taught us, it is that any references, direct or oblique, to the Animal Kingdom, is racist :)

So, what you should be singing is
Chal Chal Chal mere Saathi, O mere the animal that cannot be named..chal le chal khatara......

Cheers

Viswanathan said...

I expect Ponting to retire.

Homer said...

Sangu,

21 wickets in the series - fair call.

And why begrudge them that? We got our hands on the big prize and that is all that matters..

Cheers

Homer said...

Ottayan,
That would be too easy.. I want that arrogant twit to be pegged down a notch or two before he leaves the game..

Relieving him of the captaincy could be a start.

After all, he has done everything in his power to besmirch the legacy of Taylor and Waugh and Border.

Cheers

Soulberry said...

Congratulations to you all. I'm with Homer on this Ottayan.

If the test series hadn't been B&Bed, maybe Ponting would have been dismissed...but destiny does store a slow roast for arrogance...only around which corner, is difficult to say.

Who'd have guessed an a/c mechanic's teenage boy would unravel his batting like none have ever done before other than Harbhajan? Who'd have guessed that Australia would be halted by a Meerut pehalwan's fancy son who opted for cricket instead?

Who'd have guessed that decades (almost a century ) of Australian sledgeing and unfair play peaking this year, would be bundled up and flung back by a frail-looking policeman from Punjab?

Comeuppance can never be predicted.

Samir Chopra said...

I wish I could have stayed awake for the denouement of last night's match. But I'm hoping highlights will be made available somewhere. But all in all, I'm glad the season is over.

Samir Chopra said...

I also hope the lads remember the feeling after they won, and manage to hold on to it. For no matter how well-directed a sledge or a stare, nothing feels better than winning (especially against very tough opposition).

Homer said...

Samir,

I did stay up all night last night and I can tell you this, the ICC needs to revisit its staging of marquee series - end of Q4 all thru Q1 is, by far, the worst time to hold such a high profile series.

If work pressures were not enough, there was the lack of sleep because of the playing hours. And then there was the cricket itself - what is it about India and Australia that both teams punch well above thier weight, every single time.

And of course, there were the on field and off field shenanigans,as if the series was not exciting in itself.

Truth be told, I am completely shot - another late night on Thursday would have been the end of me. :)

Cheers

Homer said...

Samir,

Very well put!

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Homer/Soulberry,
I would love to see Ponting arrogance pegged back a notch or two.
However, what I tried to convey was Ponting seems to have lost the stomach for a fight.

Gaurav Sethi said...

Get back! Get back to where you once belonged!
Cheers Homer and friends!

Anonymous said...

Ott,

Could that be because the fight was not on his terms?

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Cheers Naked :)