Of greater significance, Clarke explained in his letter that this summer had been a difficult one personally. He explained how he and his girlfriend, Lara Bingle, both have fathers grappling with cancer. So while his teammates are playing in the IPL by day and then soothing the aches and pains presumably in a bathtub full of rupees by night, Clarke will be wetting a line with his dad, Les, and soaking up their moments in the sun.
When you're reminded of the true value of life, it's funny how you're equally reminded of the true value of money.
and the
Baggy Green."With no disrespect to the IPL, I feel my body and mind needs a break and with the hectic international schedule over the next 18 months, I feel I need to freshen up and a break will do me good. By trying to continue to advance my profile and reputation with the Australian team, I hope to one day become an asset to your tournament.
2 comments:
UncleJ has an interesting take about him and his father. :)
Apart from that, what is this compassionate leave nonsense? Your on leave that is it.
No organisation has been compassionate to me. :)
Ott,
You obviously dont work for Cricket Australia :)
Cheers
Post a Comment