Friday, June 20, 2008

Mario Puzo will be proud!

"This is not within the BCCI's jurisdiction," Pawar told Cricinfo. "They can do what they want . If any country takes any decision on this, they have every right to do so. They have the freedom to take a decision on the teams they choose to represent them (in the Champions League). But then, we also have the freedom to take our decision on the issue later."
Super stuff from Mr Pawar... Very Godfather like!

Now, will Lalit Modi take a cue from the BCCI President the next time he opens his mouth?

12 comments:

Viswanathan said...

It sounds as if Godfather has lost hope he can 'reason' with them.:)

Ya, Lalit Modi is Sonny like in his beligerance.(spell?)

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

Let's just hope Pawar doesn't own any prized racehorses...

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've blog rolled your site, would you be interested in doing the same.

The address is www.pastpoint.wordpress.com

Thanks,
Isaac

straight point said...

one better read his last line...it sends down clear and chilling message...

look mr...you can do whay you want to...but better understand what we CAN do later...

Homer said...

Ott,

It does sound that way... But I am impressed that instead of making a song and dance of it, Pawar has issued his threat in an uber cool manner :)

Cheers

Homer said...

d.s henry,

did you mean "Let's just hope Clarke doesn't own any prized racehorses" ?

Cheers

Homer said...

Isaac,

Consider it done :)

Cheers

Homer said...

Indeed SP... The threat is in what has been left unsaid..

Cheers

Q said...

I hope they stick to that!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've blog rolled your site, and at the same time refer my readers to your posts, when there is anything i want them to read here.

I saw Issac requesting to you, and was heartened with your reply.

Would you be interested in doing the same.

The address is

www.allpaddedup.com

Thanks,
Ankit

coming on for the post... wat do u think is the offer pawar must have made.. one that can't be refused.

Homer said...

Ankit,

Thanks for your comments and welcome to the blog..

Dont think Pawar can make an offer that cannot be refused - there is a turf to protect..

I have added you to the blog roll.

Cheers

Ankit Poddar said...

Thanks Homer,

I appreciate it, truly.

Cheers