Saturday, September 27, 2008

All's not well...

Ashley Noffke says he is seriously considering continuing his career with lucrative Twenty20 leagues like the IPL and ICL after being overlooked for Australia's tour of India.
---

SH: Would you consider leaving Australia to focus exclusively on something like the IPL or Stanford Twenty20 competitions?

NB: It is a thought. Twenty20 is already very popular and it is only getting bigger. It is something a lot of players will probably consider because it is played in a relatively short amount of time, the money is good and you're able to play cricket. And we all love playing cricket. I've spoken to a few rugby league players who say leaving Australia for England allows them the opportunity to make good money quick. That gives them a buffer where they can return and be the person who drops their kid at school or studies and improves themselves.

---

"We believed and still believe it was best for the team and best for Symmo as well. I have made clear that I am still great friends with Andrew and I will be until the day I die. I want him back playing because I love playing cricket with him."

2 comments:

Samir Chopra said...

Homer: The Australian cricket scene will throw up plenty of players for the IPL for sure. There is a huge pool of very talented, aggressive players there, all of whom will fit in well.

As for Clarke: "till the day I die"? Wow. Does Lara know about this?

Homer said...

Samir,

Whatever happend to "waiting for my turn" and "competition in the ranks being intense" and "pride in the baggy green" ?

We are actually hearing dissent among the ranks!!

Lara can always turn around and say "So where the bloody hell were you?" :)

Cheers,