Friday, September 19, 2008

Music to Ranatunga's ears

"It's a message that the game is not ruled by any single body, and nobody should try to rule the game."

13 comments:

Viswanathan said...

It is good to see that Sri Lanka has revoked the ban on ICL cricketers.

However,was it altruistic?

Anonymous said...

is tht meant for bcci? and now can AR rely on BCCI for bailing SLC out of the financial woes ?

Homer said...

Ott,

There is no such thing as a free lunch..

What will be interesting is the quid pro quo - what is Zee giving the SLC ( or a few of its members) in return ?

Cheers,

Homer said...

Buzzz,

If I were the BCCI, I would leave it to the ICC to sort this one out...

The SLC has a lot riding on the BCCI ( including financial bail outs and the 2011 WC) for them to rub the BCCI the wrong way for a sustained period of time.

Cheers,

Anonymous said...

yeah anyways playin and watchin cricket is borin in Lanka, so may be BCCI should drop Lanka out of the hosting scheme of 2011 WC and move the 2nd semi final to DYPS.

Q said...

Sri Lanka is one of the most exciting international teams so i dont c how anyone can find them boring.

Tunga's the man!

Homer said...

Buzzz,

That is not an option..But I am sure the BCCI has a lot more leverage points available at its disposal..

Also, I dont think the BCCI should be really bursting a vessel over the current pardon - it is posturing by the SLC and it is best that the ICC take care of it.

Cheers,

Homer said...

lol Q :)

Anonymous said...

Really Q, are they really exciting as Aus or Eng or Wasim Akram 's 99 heroes ?

Q said...

Buzzz u call England exciting? No wonder I dont seem to understand u...

Even the Aussies individually are not as exciting.. as a team they are ruthless but they're hardly exciting.. the last exciting cricketer they produced was Shane Warne..

Look at Lanka man.. when King Sanga bats, the world bows down.. when Jayasuriya hammers the world watches in awe.. when Jayawardene hits those cover drives its like uve seen nothing like it.. and then those bowlers - Malingas, Muralis, Mendis..

Probably the most exciting Asian team today...

Viswanathan said...

Buzzz/Q,

I differ. Bangladesh is the most exciting team.:)

Anonymous said...

Good choice Q. We can just pass a gee at ot. I domt know if u revel the site of Freddie and KP batting together or even MSD , Yuvi batting together.

SL the most exciting team ? Well your choice. for me they lie well below at the contour. I would say India, Australia, England as most exciting teams to watch.

And yes Pakistan too if they have Shoaib on song and fully fit.

Q said...

I just said one of the most exciting teams - definitely more than England.. apart from Freddie and KP, they got nothing exciting abt them.