Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thank you Delhi...

Sui Northern Gas Pipeline Limited 266 (Shehzad 66, Umar Akmal 58) beat Delhi 134 (Kohli 52, Imran Ali 6-52) and 516 for 4 (Chopra 182, Kohli 197) on first-innings lead

The two previous editions of the Mohammad Nissar Trophy, instituted in 2006, had been won by Indian teams - Uttar Pradesh in 2006 and Mumbai in 2007.
You spineless bastards!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blame it on rains......

Homer said...

I agree Buzzz. Winning the toss and batting first on a wicket with some juice is also to be attributed to the rains.. Batting first and scoring only 134 at home - must be the rains.. Getting the opposition to 143/6 and then letting them score an additional 123 runs, surely the rains at play.. Failing to declare after being more than 300 runs ahead, must be the rains...

Being the first Indian team to lose the Md. Nissar trophy.. again, the blasted rains..

That's the difference between Mumbai and Delhi - we introspect and try to get better.. Delhi blames everyone but themselves for their failures...

Cheers,

Anonymous said...

Yup well said. I was surprised to see the 2 later batsmen play at a strike rate of 50s and 60s affter Kohli and Chopra had set the lead. That was baffling.

They could have gone for quick runs and declared the same on 3rd day as we often see in traditional Tests.

I doubt if Sehwag knew that only way they can win the trophy is to win it outright after wot happened in 1st innings.

Any other gain or not, Kohli seems to be one find of this game. 249 runs in a game though on flat Delhi track, sounds good omen. Should be inducted in Test XV :)

Homer said...

Buzzz,

If Sehwag did not know the rules, what was Dahiya doing? And Prabhakar?

And if the team collectively did not rules, then they are a bigger bunch of idiots than I give them credit for.

Cheers,

Anonymous said...

Dahiya , well we all know has got a foot in his mouth and as they say a jat is a jat. I am not sure what role Prabhakar has got anymore with Delhi. But if Sehwag misses this, then may be GB's view about him being brainless is true.

Homer said...

Isn't Prabhakar Delhi's bowling coach?

Cheers,

Sailesh Ganesh said...

I couldnt decide who to support for this game. On the one hand, I wanted the trophy to stay in India, but on the other, it was Delhi. I agree with spineless bastards though :D

Hope we kick their ass in the Ranji Trophy!

Soulberry said...

Mind your language Shrikant! You carry it too far at times.

I could easily call someone a "bastard" as well....perhaps the way things are in Mumbai, maybe one should.

Terribly disappointed.

- prash (SB)

Homer said...

Cheers to that Sailesh... Cant wait for the Ranji Trophy to begin :)

Cheers,

Homer said...

Fair enough Prash,and I apologize..

But, in your condemnation of my language, surely you are not suggesting that Delhi's performance was worthy of either the city or their position as Ranji Trophy champions?

Cheers,

Soulberry said...

Apology accepted. I never spared Delhi boys when they fooled around. My blog and comments justify that.

I expected a cutting article from you and was looking forward to it.

I just saw the apology so you may please ignore my comments on my blog (which were posted before I read this) if you wish. Not that there is anything rotten in those but your choice.