when the pressure is on. And the spotlight is on him!
Who would have thunk?
PS:- And he is a pretty good linebacker too!!! Whistle podu!!!
Saturday, May 09, 2009
Badri can bat saala!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My contribution to issues cricketing.
when the pressure is on. And the spotlight is on him!
Who would have thunk?
PS:- And he is a pretty good linebacker too!!! Whistle podu!!!
12 comments:
Though I would've preferred if he took down Harwood. Well thatz just me.
:-)
Leela,
You forget - Harwood is a value add . If nothing else, he helps the Royals with their language skills ( especially when hit for 20 in an over).
Cheers,
always bat badri at 4, stop shoving him around dhoni
lol NC... Dont think that advise will be heeded :)
Cheers,
Homer,
Badri is indeed an excellent bat. His getting into the national team radar was certainly not by chance.
However, in spite of yesterday's innings, I am uncomfortable with his playing and being judged in T20 matches. He (and Murali Vijay, as is getting obvious in the IPL), are classic and talented Test and first class players. Perceived failures in the IPL in scoring quickly may affect their Test match selections.
We have enough earlier instances of good potential Test batsmen being thrust into ODIs and banished after intital "failures".
And Homer, contrary to some of your recent posts, Badri (and again, Murali Vijay) is an excellent fielder. I shall not hold some of the recent drops in the IPL against him. Too many "safe catchers" have messed up high catches in the IPL - especially when they are fielding second in the second match of the day.
Ofcourse, Virat Kohli is better as he proved today :-)
Nevertheless, yesterday's knock proves nothing as far as Badri goes. His time is past as far as national selection goes.
I suppose Kohli would go ahead and smash a century off 50 balls now.
PSK,
Ever since his "allow me to fail" statement, everytme the spotlight has been on Badri, he has come up short.
Vide his performances in crunch Ranji and India A games.
This is the first time in a long time that I have seen him knuckle down and play the game he plays well.
If only the man knew when to zip his lip and let his performances do the talking!
Cheers,
Raj,
There is a #3 spot in the Test batting order that needs to be addressed, sooner rather than later. Badri still remains first choice, despite his lip!
Cheers,
I was TOTALLY doing my King Kong impression after Badri played that innings.
OH YEAH, people! Let's hear it, you Badri-critics! LET'S HEAR IT!!
Needless to say, I was rather ecstatic, for I've never brought out my King Kong impression, not even for Dhoni. :-D
lol Maithreyi... The Subramaniam effect eh?
Cheers,
Homer, you just can NOT go wrong with the name "Subramaniam". It is a beautiful name. It is a name so... *south* it makes my heart swell.
Cricket needs more Subramaniams, dammit! :p
Maithreyi,
I defer to your superior knowledge although I dont think it will do the commentary team any favors having 11 Subramaniams running on the outfield!
Cheers :),
Post a Comment