Friday, May 29, 2009

Huh??

"For instance, in Australia, they use the kookaburra ball and I want to cope with the extra swing and also work on my early minutes of play. I enjoy the game and I want to keep playing well rather than worry about issues like selection."

Havent they been using the Kookaburra ball for the past two seasons in the Ranji Trophy?

5 comments:

RGB said...

Only for Duleep trophy and Ranji One Day tournament. Not for the Ranji Trophy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that RGB. Mukund played both the Duleep Trophy and the Ranji ODI, so I wonder what he is on about!

Cheers,

adverbin said...

He must say something complimentary about the scholarship mustn't he?
But training under Greg Chappell!!!!... Please do not send them!
Seriously though, a few overs in the Duleep trophy should be different from long hours of nets using the Kookabura. However does it really swing more than the SG brand of domestic cricket? (I understand it is different from the SG balls used in Tests).

raj said...

adverbin, GC is kmown as a good one-tone batting coach. Rememebr Dada and Brisbane? Hopefully, with no team to run, and no trophy to win, Greg will prove a useful coach here. But then the assignment being low-profile and probably low-paying, not sure how much effort Greg will give it.

Homer said...

adverbin,

If two seasons of playing with the Kookaburra ball does not give Mukund a feel for what it can do, I doubt 6 weeks at Brisbane will make a considerable difference.

Cheers,