Monday, May 04, 2009

Its subtle Deano

DO I get this right? Pakistan recently had eight people tragically killed when terrorists attacked the Sri Lankan cricket team and officials and consequently everyone has decided not to tour Pakistan again for years to come.

And last year, more than 200 people were killed in India through the Mumbai terrorist strikes and England returned three weeks later to finish the tour with ramped-up security. So please tell me: what is the difference?

queries Dean Jones in his article in The Age.

Well, for starters Deano, Pakistan had promised the highest levels of security to the Sri Lankan team and reneged on that promise.

Then there is that bit about the Sri Lankan cricket team being the actual targets of the attack - imagine that!

And finally, unless you have been living in a cave Deano, you would have known that the people responsible for the mayhem in Mumbai were Pakistanis ( as in, they were citizens of Pakistan).

Subtle differences Deano.. Not sure you can quite grasp them.. Stick to making off air "terrorist" comments - thats all you are good for.

15 comments:

jrod said...

Are there things Deano can talk about?

Leela said...

I bet he would've not written this if the ICL wasn't dying a slow death.
Instead he would've been doing commentary duties.

Homer said...

You tell me UJ :)

Cheers,

Homer said...

Leela,

In India?

touche!

Cheers,

Leela said...

Yup in India!
;-)

Tifosi Guy said...

Is Deano on Crack :) or is he just plain unbeliavably stupid and daft. Or maybe he is the new age ' Rip Van Winkle' who has just woken up and knows nothing on what's transpired.

What a prick !

Homer said...

Your guess is as good as mine Tifosi Guy..

And there is only one prick TG, the name's copyrighted!

Cheers,

achettup said...

How dare you bring your facts and logic to the internet Homer?

That comment from Deano could have come straight from Hannity and I honestly would not have been able to tell the difference.

Homer said...

In my defense Achettup, I plead the hang over from yesterday's loss to the Royally Challenged.. I completely forgot that facts and logic hold no place on the interweb.

Silly me!

Dean, Sean. Just a consonant here and there. Thats about the only difference :)

Cheers,

Q said...

I hate to mix politics on a cricket blog but Homer ur claim that the mayhem in Mumbai was cause by Pakistanis is untrue.. there were as many Indian citizens involved in the entire operation...

Homer said...

Q,

I claim nothing. All of the 10 terrorists involved in the shoot out in Mumbai are Pakistani nationals, armed and trained in that country - the Pakistani government has admitted as much.

Agreed that they had support in India ( the logistics of the exercise demanded as much) but the guys with their fingers on the trigger werent Indian.

And forget the politics, but dont you think it daft that Dean Jones equates what happened in Lahore with what happened in Mumbai?

Cheers,

Q said...

I never argued with the subject of the post - I agree :-)..

Anonymous said...

no politics in here butt (i m big fan of Ijaz) there was no local support to the 10 non state actors who wrecked heaven in the city of Joy!!.. Q, excuse me but i gotta correct you here.

Homer, this is a touchy topic. isnt it.

Homer said...

Sam,

I dont know about touchy but the argument professed by Dean Jones is idiotic, to put it mildly.

Cheers,

Q said...

Sam, ur the last person I want to argue with, but u need to get ur facts correct.