Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I agree

Sambit Bal.. couldn't agree more

PS:- suppose ( stretch your collective imaginations!!) Shastri accepts the coaching role and by some quirk of nature Tendulkar becomes captain.

We will then have

Sharad Pawar ( BCCI President) MCA President
Dilip Vengsarkar (Chairman of selectors) Mumbai
Ravi Shastri (Coach) Mumbai
Sachin Tendulkar (Captain) Mumbai

Therefore, if Shastri becomes Coach ( ideal), Tendulkar wont be captain. If Tendulkar becomes captain (not so ideal), Shastri wont become Coach.

Or maybe I have too much time on my hands and have been reading far too many newspapers!!!!

2 comments:

Chandan said...

Oh no!! I don't want Tendulkar as captain...Never!!!!!!

I'd hate to have Shastri as our coach as well. Though, cricinfo has been talking about Sunny. What do you think of that?

Homer said...

Chandan,

I like the idea of Shastri as coach.. hard as nails, loves to win, tactically astute..

The thing about the coach is, we need someone who will have a very clear roadmap of the way ahead, esp with the middle order fading away and the ODI side in doldrums..

I wonder why no one talks of splitting the captainy. A young captain and his young team for ODIs, a not so young captain and his not so young team for tests.