| 17.6 | Nel to Tendulkar, 5 runs, 50! Tendulkar drives a good length delivery into the covers, sprints down the other end, the throw is awful and goes for four overthrows, and THAT, everyone, is 15,000 ODI runs for the man...take a bow |
| 17.5 | Nel to Tendulkar, no run, follows up with a slower one, on a good length, and its crunched to cover |
| That was his 160th six | |
| 17.4 | Nel to Tendulkar, SIX, awesome! Nel drops short outside off stump, and has to watch the ball sail over deep backward square leg for maximum! A powerful pull shot for six |
Over the hill? Past it? Slow?
5 comments:
26,000 international runs ...
and if you hear the commentary, he's still proving himself .... .. i just don't get it !!
Meanwhile, the guy who's backing him as opener - the skipper - has some 79 ODI fifties is not a good enough ODI player they say ...
Maybe we watch different sports ..
Sfx,
As worma said "But then our media needs to create a beast to chant up a mob, no? "..
True.
"Over the hill? Past it? Slow?"
Not only this but,
"his eyes are gone,
doesn't pick up the length as quickly as he should,
reflexes have slowed down,
is only playing for the mile-stones,
is selfish...blah..blah..."
So???
Chandan,
After his 99 these were the adjectives used to describe his batting :)
You read these 3.
I've been reading about all the others that I mentioned and also Sachin being referred as senior citizen etc on the blogs which I once used to enjoy immensely!!
I'm really fed up.
That DNA co-editor has not shown up since that knock.
I just cannot imagine how people can comment such things without even watching the match!
Its all preconceived notions or personal bias or maybe some thing which I fail to understand!
Post a Comment