Friday, February 29, 2008

When ignorance is bliss,

He is part of a caste system in a country whose tiered society benefits only those at its pinnacle. The Indian spinner definitely does not sit at the bottom of such a system.
it is folly to be wise Ms Wilson!

21 comments:

Viswanathan said...

I agree Homer.I assume she used the 'caste' factor just to sound intellectual and add legitimacy to her utterances.

Homer said...

What amazes me Ott, is the fact that she gets paid to parade her ignorance!!

Anonymous said...

Homer, this is not the first, nor the last time a western journalist has used the caste system as a red herring in discussing something totally unrelated. Even the Wall Street Journal indulges in this.
In fact, I believe it is now a requirement for any journalist writing about India to include the following: economic tigers, poverty, rich-poor divide, caste system etc. :)

Wonder what the reaction would be if an Indian journalist wrote about the same way on Australians being descendants of convicts !

Homer said...

What cracked me up Bongopondit, is that Harbhajan is Sikh - since when did Sikhs become part of the caste system in India?

I mean, she gets good money for this??

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Homer,
Did you actually expect Ms Wilson to do research ?!!! So much easier to make up something and pocket the money. :)
I agree - its a pity people actually get paid to write such drivel. But, as I said, such is the state of journalism.

Even Lalor is better than this !

Homer said...

Bongopondit,

Lalor has an advantage over Ms Wilson -



And he loves our curries and rotis too :)

Cheers

Anonymous said...

She is not well regarded in Australia either Homer. Regarded as a 'hack' journalist.

Homer said...

Thanks for that Brad..

Cheers :)

Chade said...

Brad: only because she's a woman. Of course, the other 50% of the world's population don't have a viable opinion when it comes to sport, a single paragraph where she makes a (wrong) assumption or not.

Ratnakar Sadasyula said...

What a piece of drivel, this article is. And for heavens sake, when did Sikhs become a part of the caste system? That religion was started as a protest against the caste system. But i guess Ms.Wilson does not know the difference between Hindu and Sikh. And what has caste system got to do with Indian cricket?

And Oh Ms.Wilson, since ur talking about Indian upbringing, consider this. Ponting has been caught in a night club, and in drunken brawls, Hayden has a reputation of being a street bully, and do i need to mention the escapades of Shane Warne, which would do Cassanova proud. So could u enlighten us, what is their upbringing also?

Ratnakar Sadasyula said...

I was going through the comments section of that article, and had one more knowledgable genius commenting about Indians being bookies and match fixers. Well some truth to that, except when he mentioned, i dont remember his name, i think he is Malik from India. Geez this jerk, does not even know Malik hails from Pakistan. Also wonder what he feels of Mark Waugh and Shane Warne, coz they too were involved in it. Or maybe they r just honest blokes trying to make money so that they can feed their family?

This article has to be the most obnoxious drivel i have read so far in my life.

Ratnakar

Soulberry said...

Homer, to your fine collection of compelling arguments, as yet not picked up by sensible media or ignored by motivated ones, I came across a blog piece at After Grog which refers to DopaisekaT as a "tight blog from the enemy".

I read that as an acknowledgement of these inarguable truths you have put up.

Well done!

Anonymous said...

I bet you are a Labour voter chade.

Anonymous said...

hilarious... what a dumb ass... people with third rate skills can become a successful journalist in Australia.

Anonymous said...

Her 'work' is infamous scorpicity. Probably the worst journo in Aust.
I'm sure their are lots of females who know about cricket, it's just i can't think of any right now!

Ratnakar Sadasyula said...

Well Brad, the fault is the newspapers for hiring such a retard to write an article. Does she not even do basic research? I guess she could apply for Fox News.

Ratnakar

Anonymous said...

Not good looking enough for fox news. Plus i bet she would be a democrat.

Ratnakar Sadasyula said...

A democrat with such views, well considering that many democrats are card holding menmbers of KKK in US, am not too surprised either.

Homer said...

scorpious maximus,

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers,

Homer said...

Thanks SB :)

Chade said...

Brad: what, because I think that women should be able to write sports op-eds too? Does that make you a One Nation or Nationals voter, then?