A more refined version of Robin Uthappa... Like Uthappa, plays a lot behind the wicket but looks a lot more in control when he does so.
He also seems to have a good ball sense.
And, like Abhishek Nayar, his temperament is pleasing.
His progress in the Ranji season will be worth following.
Monday, May 19, 2008
Shreevats Goswami
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
no point in testing your bench strength in the nth hour to discover a gem... fingers crossed for this guy.
Scorpi,
I like the look of the kid.. Hope he does well in the Ranji season
Cheers
I liked him even in the U-19 WC. Didnt know he was in BRC. Didnt get a lookin earlier probably coz of Boucher. Newas hope he continues this way.
Trideep,
Thanks for your comments..
This is the first time I have seen Goswami play in any form of cricket and was impressed.
I hope he does well and does not fade away like a lot of the U-19s
Cheers
not a double whammy, but a Goswami, lose and win MoM. I always look fwd to these rare occurences
Yeah naked, how about that?? I was half expectining VGR to get the MoM yesterday on the back of his 58 and 2 wickets.. Bravo got it but it wouldn't have upset too many people if VGR received it either..
But it does augur well for the game that the best performance and not the best performance from the winning team, is being rewarded.
Cheers
isnt it shame that they kept focssing on toddlers like joshis, jaffers & co.. while the talent like this was warming the bench...
does dravid really knows his team?
Thats what I want to know too SP ... Either he does not know his team or he chooses not to put premium on untested players...
Cheers
Homer,
'Untested' here means players who are not tested or who dont play tests? ;) :P
lol Trideep.. Good one :)
I'm simply the BIGGEST BENGALI FANGIRL of Shreevats!!! He's really a jewel for Indian cricket!! I like him sooooooooo much!!! He should get a chance to play for team India coz he has all the talents a young cricketer should hav. Anyways, Best Of Luck to my Shreevats:)
Devdatta,
Thanks for your comments and welcome to the blog.
From your lips to God's ears :)
Cheers,
Post a Comment