India, December 2008.
After circumnavigating most of northern India ( and getting walloped), England face a rampant Sehwag and Gambhir on a shirt front at Ahmedabad ( and there is no liquor around to drown their sorrows in)..
Monty, England's best bet to get them out of the hole they find themselves in, come on to bowl.
Which Soufth Effrikan would be the best bet to marshal the English in this situation?
I thought Strauss, the English selectors thought otherwise.
Monday, August 04, 2008
The Soufth Effrikan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
20 comments:
Staruss eich german...ja?
India would be in peak spirits to welcome the Englishmen after attending to Ricky's men. The form they could display upon the hapless, partly interested, complaining Englishmen who would rather be back home, would be fun.
I hope Monty gets a reception to remember...the frustration of Mendis could be taken out on him...a more familiar sorts.
I also hope Bopara is on the team and gets a serious reception from Ishant and co. He's been running up a huge debt with plenty of words lately....payback time's what I'm looking forward to.
SB,
Amen to that :)
Cheers,
I'd like to see Owais Shah in the team and get a mouthful too. My bet is that England will fall apart, distracted by the thought of that flight back to freezing Blighty, just in time for Christmas. Jingle Bells indeed!
Samir,
Havent they already?
Andrew Strauss calls Pieterson's captaincy a "brave" decision - more fun to follow :)
Cheers,
I actually think England will finally do well in India under Pietersen.
But I wouldn't mind seeing Dada give Monty a pasting.
but john the BDQ is...will dada survive till then?
reg captaincy...if eng selectors had even a bit of assurance that freddy wont buckle down...this job was his for the taking...
John,
Peter Moores and Pieterson are not exactly on talking terms.. Strauss calls the decision to appoint him "brave"..
3 captains in the team in addition to Pieterson.. A lot of team mates who have been rubbed the wrong way..
Never mind the fact that he has never captained before or his impetuousness,can he carry the team?
Cheers,
I am pretty sure that the poms can forget their sorrows in liquor in Ahd.. You get liquor on a foreign passport homer.. and I guess the poms will be staying in a 3 star hotel there (Do they have 5 stars in Ahmedabad, the poms wonder)
Namya,
with Flintoff leading the way - do they have any pedalo's in Ahd?
Cheers.
Homer,
The assumption is that these guys are pros. Pietersen's ego may be defiant, but not of the rest, who know how to play second fiddle when they have to...
John,
KP is the most polarizing figure in world cricket ( and to beat Ricky Ponting for that honor takes some doing)...
The proof of the pudding will be the Stanford series in November - the team selection will be interesting and if England loses, the recriminations will be interesting still.
Cheers,
strauss is a no no... what in the world he is doing here in that team has come up into endless debates.
For me it was to be collingwood... who off late as become an al gore who lost the election.. he is screwed mentally.
lol Scorpi.. I thought Strauss did a pretty good job with England in 2006 - Collingwood has been up and down with the one day captaincy
Cheers,
The South Effrikan has begun well...but that's only half done as the saying goes.
The South Effrikan has begun well...but that's only half done as the saying goes.
SB,
One day does not a test match make!
Cheers :)
To be honest, I'm quite enjoying the love-fest that Pietersen is having with the English press. When things go wrong, these pages will be worth pulling out and inspecting for quotable quotes (for contrast and comparison with the barbs).
You are a cruel man, Samir Chopra :)
Cheers,
Post a Comment