I hope the magnitude of this attack has woken us up from the slumber of Kumbakarnan's magnitude that our governments, security agencies and most of people have been under. When 9/11 hit the US, atleast the world was unaware of the evil that lurked in the brains of these guys and whether it can manifest collectively as it did on that day. Since then Mumbai has been hit several times, London has been hit, Spain has been hit, Bali has been hit and yet India has not taken precautions, nay even acknowledged the evil in the minds of these guys.
Sadly Homer, those dates aren't gonna be remembered by most people unless they are quoted in context. The people of Mumbai, Maharashta, India, no one has questioned what security measures have been taken up since the last time Mumbai was attacked. No one has grilled the government how a similar attack will be foiled the next time.
I am not so much for revenge right now. I'd rather go for security - the government should act to protect first and then go on the offensive. The terrorists don't have to pay a price today, they can tomorrow, the first thing we need to do is to ensure that the people don't go thru this again. When they pay the price however, I hope our governments don't buckle to the human right activists that espouse rights for these monsters. I'd like to see these terrorists die after temendous suffering. That is what they deserve....
Just got back into town today. Not quite sure what to say at this moment, but I'll try in a couple of posts.
Cricket doesn't feel very important right now.
Mumbai will be back, bigger and better than ever. I know that. But all those lives lost won't. May all rest in peace and may their families find some consolation somehow.
6 comments:
no
a firm and non negotiable NO...
There has to be a cost. The terrorists cannot just reap the benefits.
I hope the magnitude of this attack has woken us up from the slumber of Kumbakarnan's magnitude that our governments, security agencies and most of people have been under. When 9/11 hit the US, atleast the world was unaware of the evil that lurked in the brains of these guys and whether it can manifest collectively as it did on that day. Since then Mumbai has been hit several times, London has been hit, Spain has been hit, Bali has been hit and yet India has not taken precautions, nay even acknowledged the evil in the minds of these guys.
Sadly Homer, those dates aren't gonna be remembered by most people unless they are quoted in context. The people of Mumbai, Maharashta, India, no one has questioned what security measures have been taken up since the last time Mumbai was attacked. No one has grilled the government how a similar attack will be foiled the next time.
I am not so much for revenge right now. I'd rather go for security - the government should act to protect first and then go on the offensive. The terrorists don't have to pay a price today, they can tomorrow, the first thing we need to do is to ensure that the people don't go thru this again. When they pay the price however, I hope our governments don't buckle to the human right activists that espouse rights for these monsters. I'd like to see these terrorists die after temendous suffering. That is what they deserve....
Homer,
Just got back into town today. Not quite sure what to say at this moment, but I'll try in a couple of posts.
Cricket doesn't feel very important right now.
Mumbai will be back, bigger and better than ever. I know that. But all those lives lost won't. May all rest in peace and may their families find some consolation somehow.
Samir
Hopefully, the last straw.
Post a Comment