Friday, June 29, 2007

Wrong call

9-0-36-3 of which 5 overs were bowled at the death.

49 runs in 63 balls that won the match for the team after a middle innings wobble. And this 49 included a phase when making contact with the ball was a challenge.

Yet he hung tough, both with bat and ball.

And if this is not good enough to win Yuvraj Singh the Man of the Match, I do not know what the criteria for the award are.

5 comments:

Chandan said...

Homer,

It was difficult conditions to bat and any batsman apart from Sachin couldn't put bat to ball comfortably.

I hope you now know why he got the MOM award. Did you watch the match?

Homer said...

Chandan,

Every ball from the 33rd over in the South African innings..

And for the 93 that Sachin scored, Yuvraj scored 49 after the midd innings wobble and more importantly, did not let the South Africans gain the advantage, batting or bowling.

Chandan said...

The only answer to your question can be: did you watch the match??

Homer said...

yup I did and thats why I think it was the wrong call :)

Unknown said...

hey homer, more here Give the bowlers their due