Monday, January 28, 2008

Dear oh dear!!

The scars inflicted by John Buchanan on Shane Warne must run deep. What else explains this broadside in a signed eulogy on Adam Gilchrist's achievements?

And when John Buchanan was in charge . . . let me tell you, we needed as much common sense around as we could, because I believe the coach had none. Speaking of the ex-coach, he should thank Gilly and the captain Ricky Ponting for an extension of his contract, because they were the only two who wanted him to stay.

Everyone else asked said: "No, let him go. He's had his time."

Gilly supported the coach. I say good on him for standing up for what he believed to be best for the team.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea on this conflict between Warne and Buch... maybe I should read about it somewhere... Warne though takes a dig quite often at gilly.

Jrod said...

The Warne article was hilarious, he went out of his way not to say bad things about gilly, so he hid them in attacks on ned flanders.

I wrote this about warne/flanders its not great but its something.

Jrod said...

Sorry that was the warne/gilly post, this is the warne flanders post.