In the aftermath of Mumbai's defeat, it will be uncharitable of me not to acknowledge the hunger and fight shown by Delhi in a game where a loss would have sealed their elimination.
Delhi played all the big moments of the game better than Mumbai. Amit Mishra bowled a dandy, YoMahesh showed a lot of poise and character to take 4 wickets after the shellacking he received in his first over.
With the bat, Shikar Dhawan, Manoj Tiwary and Dinesh Karthik showed maturity that belied their years. When the heat was on, one team stood up.
And they out fielded us.Which says a lot about Delhi's desperation.
And kudos to them for that.
A fine all round team effort, one that the Delhi team should be proud of.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Well played Delhi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
The misfiring middle order finally fired on all cylinders. TO be honest, I didn't expect DK to pull it off once Tiwary was run-out. BUt as Uthappa said, the day belienged to DK and nothing could really stop him. One of my friends asked Sehwag what they would do now -- whether they'll practice or pray so that things go their way. Sehwag said, "All I can say is that we are not going to Goa."
Som,
They will have to make a brief weekend detour to Mumbai on their way to Goa :)
But don't expect us to roll the red carpet for them
Cheers :)
so things hot up for chennai and mumbai... good good... the sad part is the tournament is getting very tiring to watch yet the last few games were absolute crackers.
Scorpi,
I like the long winded tournaments, especially when they are packed with so many teams and so much drama ( think Baseball, Football).. And I love the way the intensioty builds up as we get to the final stages - no truer test of character than this
Cheers
What do you think of Misraji, Homer.
Doesn't this lad deserve a leg-up over Piyush?
I know you follow domestic cricket and therefore must be aware of his consistently good performances over seasons in various versions of the game.
I had liked the way Mishra shaped up when I first saw him in 2002..And have nothing but good things to say about him in the blog :)
Cheers
Post a Comment