My contribution to issues cricketing.
Daniel Vettori will look skywards and pray the coin tumbles his way tomorrow as New Zealand eye a rare chance to place Australia under pressure in the first cricket test.
The toss looms as vital on a Gabba surface which has been under cover after several days of rain and will provide some seam movement, if the weather allows a start on time at 1pm (NZT).
As the sun fought its way through the cloud after another night of torrential downpours, Vettori admitted the onus was on him to call correctly to give his side a chance of belying their status as $A9.50 outsiders.
So, he can go for it? Is it that Dan is actually playing it down or am I imagining he's being a tad defensive?No need to bombast but no need to talk about Ausralia could hit back either.If ah had ten Australian dollars in me pockit, ah might 'ave taken on the entire ozzie team this match.
Winning the toss at the Gabba? Doesn't that often end up with away captains doing something stupid?
9.50$ outsiders... ouch! that must hurt them.
SB,He has nothing to lose.. Nobody gives NZ a chance anyways..Cheers,
Jonathan,Damn Nasser Hussain !!! :)Cheers,
Scorpi,India were $9.00 outsiders at Perth :)Cheers,
Ain't this ironic?"He's trying to sell books I suppose, isn't he? I'd like to think all Australians play aggressively, whether we're aggressive with what we have to say or not, it's more about the way we play our cricket," Ponting said.
lol Prabu... Ricky Ponting is a strange, strange man!Cheers,
Freaks... we were valued cheaper!
scorpi,And we know what happened then, dont we :)Cheers,
Prabu, Homer,However, P.Ricky did not utter "hard but fair" or "tiddlywinks". ;)Or did he?
Guys,This is what Border has to say about Dan's comments:"Though I do not subscribe to the comments made in the books, we (Aussies) can only grin and bear it."Oh, these poor Angels of Oz.
Naresh,"Tiddlywinks" is James Sutherland.."Questioning my integrity"is Ricky Ponting :)Cheers,
Naresh,A welcome change to the normal course of events :).. I hope the Aussie cricketers come with good dental plans..Cheers,
Post a Comment
Subscribe in a reader
14 comments:
So, he can go for it? Is it that Dan is actually playing it down or am I imagining he's being a tad defensive?
No need to bombast but no need to talk about Ausralia could hit back either.
If ah had ten Australian dollars in me pockit, ah might 'ave taken on the entire ozzie team this match.
Winning the toss at the Gabba? Doesn't that often end up with away captains doing something stupid?
9.50$ outsiders... ouch! that must hurt them.
SB,
He has nothing to lose.. Nobody gives NZ a chance anyways..
Cheers,
Jonathan,
Damn Nasser Hussain !!! :)
Cheers,
Scorpi,
India were $9.00 outsiders at Perth :)
Cheers,
Ain't this ironic?
"He's trying to sell books I suppose, isn't he? I'd like to think all Australians play aggressively, whether we're aggressive with what we have to say or not, it's more about the way we play our cricket," Ponting said.
lol Prabu... Ricky Ponting is a strange, strange man!
Cheers,
Freaks... we were valued cheaper!
scorpi,
And we know what happened then, dont we :)
Cheers,
Prabu, Homer,
However, P.Ricky did not utter "hard but fair" or "tiddlywinks". ;)
Or did he?
Guys,
This is what Border has to say about Dan's comments:
"Though I do not subscribe to the comments made in the books, we (Aussies) can only grin and bear it."
Oh, these poor Angels of Oz.
Naresh,
"Tiddlywinks" is James Sutherland.."Questioning my integrity"is Ricky Ponting :)
Cheers,
Naresh,
A welcome change to the normal course of events :).. I hope the Aussie cricketers come with good dental plans..
Cheers,
Post a Comment