Tuesday, March 06, 2007

300/9

Glass half empty? Or Glass half full?

2 comments:

Vinod said...

I would like to say half-full. Think it was a pretty decent work out and a good start. My views are also updated at:
http://rasuvi.blogspot.com/2007/03/indians-get-good-workout-against-dutch.html

Vinod said...

Hmmm homer, some of your points on my blog are valid, especially with respect to singles. That could have been better definitely. But I still think there is only so much you can get out of these games and I think Indians got about 80% of what they would have wished.

I would rather take a game like this compared to the top four scoring 375 or so and the bowlers bowling out opposition in 20 overs. Its important for everyone to have a feel in the middle and though unintentional, it happened today.

So, I think this game is purely experimental and an issue of getting used to conditions. And it is definitely much better start compared to the previous edition when we struggled to cross 250 for a long time :).

Finally, although all the top teams played against the minnows in this round, only Indians managed to touch 300. This probably suggests how teams are approaching these games or just the nature of wickets in store for this World Cup.