Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Amrit Mathur

article here.

The parts I found most interesting were

Past players who are respected for acumen:

Daljit Singh, Arun Lal, Sujith Somasundar, Vikram Rathore, Lalchand Rajput, Chandrakant Pandit.

This is an interesting list- while I was aware of Rajput being a good thinker of the game, some of the names in the list came in as a bit of a surprise.

What Sachin and Sehwag did after being dismissed early in a game:

They carried on a hilarious ball by ball commentary in Hindi. While Sehwag was entertaining, Sachin, as expert, was very frank.
It is moments like these that I wish I were a fly on the wall!!!

2 comments:

Kartikeya Date said...

Lots of first class coaches in that list..... many of them have completed several of the coach training certificates too

Homer said...

Its not just about coaching - it is about cricketing insight.

A good coach does not necessarily have great insight on the game and a good reader of the game does not necessarily become a good coach.

After hearing Arun Lal talk on air, I am surprised he merits a name in that list.