A few things I will be looking for -
1. Partnerships - and the ability to rotate the strike and keep the score board ticking
2. Batting order - I think this will signal intent more than anything else.
3. Building an innings - it will be interesting to see if the Indians can score and score big batting first, or chase hard losing minimal wickets batting second.
4. Sustaining momentum - India has a tendency of dozing off when nothing is happening - the middle overs are a prime example. If India has the Netherlands on the ropes, how quickly can we finish off the game?
I may be looking for too much in a game that is of absolutely no significance - but in terms of attitude and approach, two things that India has been suspect in recent times, this game is as good a starting point as any!!
And do check out this color coded schedule- color is good!!
Update:- One more thing I will be looking for the effect the "break" ( from 17 February until tomorrow) has on the Indian team performance.It will be interesting to see how they start off the blocks.
Monday, March 05, 2007
On the India-The Netherlands game tomorrow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah, I suspect they are going to be scratchy. I would be interested on how well they rotate strike and take those singles too, although its probably going to be boundaries galore I guess. I hope either Pathan gets some wickets or gets trashed :). Gives some certainty with respect to where he stands at the moment.
I would rather that it is not a boundary fest. The problem with having a boundary fest is that it gives the players an inflated opinion of themselves and when the going gets tough, they are more apt to slog thier way out of the mire than grind thier way out.
Pathan the bowler may be a non factor in the WC- except in the two warm up games which begin at 9 AM instead of 10 AM as in the WC.
There may be some juice in the wicket which may give him something to work with.
Post a Comment