Friday, April 25, 2008

Stanford speak

from the BBC

The American said Twenty20 would not threaten Test cricket, saying: "To me it's boring, but the Test game will always be here.

"It is important it stays not just for the purist but it is the foundation, it is the old school colonial thing of years gone by.

"It has a real purpose but I think of the 50-over game, its shelf-life may have come

Now, that wont go down well with the "trusted custodians" of the game, or will it...
England are "very likely" to compete in the Stanford Twenty20 tournament in the West Indies, England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) chairman Giles Clarke disclosed on Thursday.

4 comments:

Obaid said...

Hmm, atleast the man is honest. He realizes that boring as it may be, Test cricket is not without following and due importance

I couldnt agree more about 20/20 being the new one day cricket

Homer said...

Obaid,

Thanks for your comments...

"I couldnt agree more about 20/20 being the new one day cricket: - I would hope so ..

Cheers

Soulberry said...

The world of cricket is becoming interesting, isn't it Homer? :)

Homer said...

SB,

We live in interesting times :)

Cheers