Monday, April 21, 2008

What are you complaining about?

Can someone please tell me what VVS is all agitated about( that is, if the quotes are accurate)?

I mean, it is the same wicket on which both teams played, both sets of players had problems dealing with the indifferent bounce, both teams were impacted by the power failure.

And if his bowlers were in good rhythm before the power failure AND after the power failure, why is VVS angry?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess VVS is seething because KKR didn't start with four slips, a point and a gully. Come on, this is the same Eden where he lorded over the Aussies.

Homer said...

Som,

was the pitch half as bad as made out to be in the news reports?

Cheers

avik said...

Surely the pitch was kinda "India-has-to-win-last-test" pitch (a la Kanpur in the recent S.A. series), but that doesn't mean VVS should complaint about it... In fact the pitch was worse when Riders were batting (as it should be). And he should blame his team for giving 28 extras. No excuse for that...

Anonymous said...

I thought this particular pitch was definitely dangerous for the batsmen in terms of getting badly hurt and hence the alarm... The pitch in Kanpur for the SA test was not a dangerous pitch but was heavily loaded and might not have lasted 5 days.

But to provide such a pitch for a 4 hour game is shameful that too after the curator went to the media and proclaimed that he has made 4 for the match.

Anonymous said...

As for VVS... i thinking he is fuming over ganguly cleverly fixing the surface to suit his team. Wild I know.

Pontings_baldspot said...

Think VVS had a legitimate reason to be agitated.. He and Venugopal Rao could have been badly injured..

Homer said...

the transmitter,

Thank you for your comments :).

The transmitter, scorpi and pontings,

The same pitch conditions applied to both tams so there is not much scope there for VVS to moan about. Also, based on what I have read ( and comments by SP and the Transmitter), it appears that it was indifferent bowling that was more responsible for the DC's losing rather than the wicket itself.

Cheers

Pontings_baldspot said...

homer, VVS was just slamming the pitch not blaming the pitch for the loss. although he did go on and say that the light tower blowing off when the Chargers took a few quick wickets and had all the momentum when play stopped for 30 mins, did conyribue to their loss. Even David Hussey agreed that the break eased the tensiona little in the Kolkatta camp

Anonymous said...

pontings,

I stand corrected :)

Cheers,

Pontings_baldspot said...

homer, so the score's
Bangalore - 2, Mumbai - 0

Homer said...

lol :)

Som said...

Homer, the pitch was a stinker, no argument over that. Occasionally balls kicked off like an ill-tempered mule, posing enough threat to the life and limb of a batsman. One of those days when he rue being a batsman. The track was responsible for the low-score affair. But at the end of the day, both sides played on the same track, so it can't be an excuse.

You asked if it was half as bad as it was made to look like. I think we have reasons to be worried when the ball, after being pitched, kicks off with specks of dust with it. While the IPL franchisees were auctioned, playerd were put under hammer and rights of every possible nature was being sold, did Modi&Co bother to spare a thought about the 22-yard, which is supposed to be the centrestage of all action? I'm sorry, the answer is NO.

Gaurav Sethi said...

Homer,
not good enough to be a test wicket, but who in their right mind would call of a T20 game?

Homer said...

som,

I look forward to the day when the over pampered, mollycoddled bunch aka batsmen rue the day they made that career choice :).

Bad wicket it is , then... But the good news is, it got the franchise owners interested :).

Cheers

Homer said...

I dont know naked... I get my information from blogs such as yours.. :)

Cheers